View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 05:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default need futher advices

Thanks Bryanna,

I really really appreciate your reply.

The OS didn't say the sinus was intact (if that's what you meant). He didn't mention anything after the extraction. Until I asked him, he said that the root is not in the sinus cavity.

I am pretty sure he didn't do anything else other than extracting the tooth. The referral form from the holistic dentist states "extract the tooth and remove the periodontal ligament". During the consultation before the surgery, the OS asked me "what is that"? I briefly explained and he gave me an expression like that's totally non sense. I will ask the OS in the follow up appointment anyways. But I don't have much confidence that he did what should have been done.

Bryanna, what options do I have now? If I did get sinus infection without a perforation in the sinus membrane, do I have any chance to recover on my own (get rid of the infection for both the tooth and sinus)? or Do I have to have the extraction site reopened and cleaned again? The infection around the sinus is still there that I can very much feel.

Thank you very much Bryanna. Fortunately someone like you are willing to share the expertise here......
Grace,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Grace,

Hopefully you are feeling better today.

You can get a sinus infection from an infected tooth without a perforation in the sinus membrane. So that may be what had occurred with you if the OS said the sinus was intake when he removed the tooth.

The one thing that concerns me is you said the extraction only took 3 minutes and he didn't do anything else other than remove the tooth. A thorough tooth extraction includes removal of the tooth, removal of the periodontal ligament and debrided of any visible necrotic tissue. Do you recall him doing that?

When you see him on tuesday you might inquire about that. You could ask him something like this .... <<< I was surprised that the extraction went so quick considering that I had an infection that apparently had spread to my sinus. I did some reading on extractions and I want to know if you removed the periodontal ligament and scraped the bone clean of infection??>>

Hopefully he did everything he should have done. In the meantime, keep the area clean with warm salt water rinses. No mouthwash as that will just irritate the surgical wound. Eat soft foods and avoid chewing on that side. It is best to make sure you brush and floss all of your other teeth very well to keep the plaque down.

I do hope you are feeling better today
Bryanna
Grace123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote