Thread: Night sweats
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 06:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Admittedly, I NEED a new primary doctor......that's a long story about me "getting too many ideas from the internet" and snarky references to my "opiod addiction", but......

I just get an eyeroll response when I discuss the copious night sweats and day sweating because I'm "probably menopausal and need to just deal with it like every other woman" I've gotten the same response since the sweating began 9 years ago when my pain issues started.....and my periods are still perfectly regular. My mom was 55 when she went through menopause. Her mom was in her 50's too.

I hope that you get a better response than the "just suck it up and deal with it" that I get. I've heard that some blood pressure meds, like Clonodine, can help with night sweats AND neuropathic pain, so they could work well for RSD'ers with night sweats as long as it doesn't lower your bp too much. As have high blood pressure, well controlled on other meds, it would sem like a reasonable thing to try to me, but my "know's better than me" doc doesn't agree.

ANYTHING that can make some of our symptoms more bearable is worth pursuing in my book. In addition to being more comfortable and sleeping through the night.......think of the decreased laundry that you wouldn't have to deal with !

Good luck !

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (07-07-2013)