View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 09:17 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Grace,

I know you do... that's why I'm here

Regarding the attitude of the OS about removing the periodontal ligament...... he may have been taken back a bit by the general dentist stating in writing to remove the ligament. That's an ego thing.... he should have reassured you that he will take care of that instead of being an *** about it. Your GD had every right to give you that note because he is looking out for your best interest and wants to make sure you received the proper treatment as he was the one who referred you there.

The first thing to take care of at this point is to tell the OS about your feeling that you have a sinus infection. Secondly, get a confirmation from the OS that he removed the ligament and any unhealthy bone. If he is vague about answering you, press him for a direct answer. He legally has to disclose what he did and didn't do at the time of the extraction. Request a copy of the surgical report if he's not willing to give you the information verbally. Again you have a legal right to this document. Too bad if his ego is bruised... that's his problem. There is no reason why he should not disclose this to you.... unless he didn't do what he was suppose to do :/

If you leave the OS office feeling unsettled or in doubt, I would suggest that you call your GD and speak to him directly about the situation. First of all your GD and yourself need to know if there is a possibility of residual infection. Secondly, your GD needs to be able to trust the referrals that he gives his patients. If you don't inform him, then he will assume all went well. I hope I have explained that okay....

Please try not to worry. think positive and stay focused on what you feel is important and proceed forward. Please check back tomorrow

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace123 View Post
Thanks Bryanna,

I really really appreciate your reply.

The OS didn't say the sinus was intact (if that's what you meant). He didn't mention anything after the extraction. Until I asked him, he said that the root is not in the sinus cavity.

I am pretty sure he didn't do anything else other than extracting the tooth. The referral form from the holistic dentist states "extract the tooth and remove the periodontal ligament". During the consultation before the surgery, the OS asked me "what is that"? I briefly explained and he gave me an expression like that's totally non sense. I will ask the OS in the follow up appointment anyways. But I don't have much confidence that he did what should have been done.

Bryanna, what options do I have now? If I did get sinus infection without a perforation in the sinus membrane, do I have any chance to recover on my own (get rid of the infection for both the tooth and sinus)? or Do I have to have the extraction site reopened and cleaned again? The infection around the sinus is still there that I can very much feel.

Thank you very much Bryanna. Fortunately someone like you are willing to share the expertise here......
Grace,
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (07-12-2013)