View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 05:56 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Would really appreciate some help

Hi, I live in the UK
I had a minor car accident 6 weeks ago which left me with whiplash. I have poor posture and am regularly on the computer or typing on my phone. About two weeks ago I noticed numbness in my right hand from typing. This has now spread to both arms, I have tingling and numbness and my arms feel heavy. Altered sensation in my hands especially finger tips. I feel muscle tightness in my neck, tops of arms and forearms. It is also important to mention I have chronic lyme disease.

I am currently seeing an osteopath and hoping he can help me. I feel that I have TOS and a doctor feels that I have this too. I've just been told to take painkillers and maybe will need PT in the future. I am really worried right now that I have permanent nerve damage. What am I best to do to help myself? I have tried to stop using my computer and phone, typing this is a struggle. I know I am not to stop all activities as the muscles can atrophy. My arms and hands feel weak but when a GP examines them they are fine apparently.

Any advice greatly appreciated thanks
crimsonbutterfly is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote