View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 02:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused help for my husband

Can you please tell me what to do? I am about out of my mind with my poor husband who has been dealing with PN in both feet for over 2 yrs. He is on Oxycodone/morphine, cymbalta and floursomide for leg swelling. He could have gotten these from 30 yrs of working with environmental toxins in carpentry or from High to very low blood pressure from a bleeding ulcer that ruptured 1 1/2 yrs ago. Right now why he got it doesn't seem to matter in the forms of treatments he ahs been doing. He has been on these drugs for 1 1/2 yrs and now throws up 2 xs a week from pain. He now sees a chiro who is welll versed in PN and using a tens unit (Rebuilder, meant for nerve function) and a k laser and has had about 8 treatments that help for a bit but not more than a few days. He also did a lot of acupuncture-again short lived relief. He takes supplements, B's, D 3, magnesium..anything i give him he takes (i work in the natural product industry) He raely eats well and doesn't ahve much of an appetitie. He is filing for disability and his life has gone completely down hill. He relies on the MD's but I don't. He ahs cosidered having a neuro stimulator put into his back to stop the pain with a remote device but that is very inconclusive for foot pain. We are both at our wits end. He is 58. Maybe this isn't the right place to put this post but this forum is confusing and I don't hve the patience anymore. I see you, Mrs. D have a lot of kowledge..we/I need your help..anyone. He has mentioned suicide many times. I wish I could get him off the drugs as I see they do no good and I believe they create an ongoing rebound affect..the chiro says the drugs make the pain come back quicker and he needs to wean off. But what can he do when he is in so much pain. Please help him if you can.
I wish I could send him to a health spa where they would get him off the drugs, flush out his toxins, get him off the wine (de drinks more than normal too) and get him healthy to be able to even deal with the PN on an alternative basis. Anything you can help with will be appreciated.

Worried in Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Welcome to NeuroTalk...
nancyp5000 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote