View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 03:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default update: panoramic X-Ray

Bryanna,

I just got the panoramic X-ray from OS's office. It was taken the day before the extraction (tooth #14). Could you please take a look?

How was the infection at that time? Was sinus around the root?

Many many thanks,
Grace,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Grace,

I know you do... that's why I'm here

Regarding the attitude of the OS about removing the periodontal ligament...... he may have been taken back a bit by the general dentist stating in writing to remove the ligament. That's an ego thing.... he should have reassured you that he will take care of that instead of being an *** about it. Your GD had every right to give you that note because he is looking out for your best interest and wants to make sure you received the proper treatment as he was the one who referred you there.

The first thing to take care of at this point is to tell the OS about your feeling that you have a sinus infection. Secondly, get a confirmation from the OS that he removed the ligament and any unhealthy bone. If he is vague about answering you, press him for a direct answer. He legally has to disclose what he did and didn't do at the time of the extraction. Request a copy of the surgical report if he's not willing to give you the information verbally. Again you have a legal right to this document. Too bad if his ego is bruised... that's his problem. There is no reason why he should not disclose this to you.... unless he didn't do what he was suppose to do :/

If you leave the OS office feeling unsettled or in doubt, I would suggest that you call your GD and speak to him directly about the situation. First of all your GD and yourself need to know if there is a possibility of residual infection. Secondly, your GD needs to be able to trust the referrals that he gives his patients. If you don't inform him, then he will assume all went well. I hope I have explained that okay....

Please try not to worry. think positive and stay focused on what you feel is important and proceed forward. Please check back tomorrow

Bryanna
Attached Thumbnails
Infection after tooth extraction?-grace_20130701-jpg  
Grace123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote