View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 06:16 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

My new iMac FINALLY arrived this morning. (it spent the weekend at the UPS warehouse...darnit that UPS doesn't deliver on weekends!)

It's purty!

It's smaller than my old one. The old one was a 24in screen, and was almost too big for my desk. The new one is 21.5in and has more memory and apparently a faster processor than the old one had. Same size hard drive tho. I was actually able to lift it from the box onto my desk with just a teeny bit of help from my dad. Weighs 12 pounds compared to the old one being 25 pounds. My biggest problem with the computer so far was when I had to get onto the floor to plug in my USB hub and then had to figure out how to stand back up with weak legs and knees. That was entertaining. Good thing there are no witnesses to that.

It's just the most basic of the iMac's that Apple was selling. I didn't add anything to the order of the computer except for a warranty.

The screen is kind of blue looking to me on every page that I look at that has a white background. No idea if that's some energy saving screen thing or if it's got a different type of light source in it than what the old one had (LED backlights or something else?). Or, it could have something to do with my left eye hurting a lot the past week. (tell that optic neuritis troll to stay far away from me and my optic nerve!) I have to figure out how to get the text on the browser's sidebar to look bigger. It's small print at the moment.

So far I'm not having any problems adding stuff to the computer, even with the lack of an optical (cd/dvd) drive. I have an external drive if I need one.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
doydie (07-08-2013), Erika (07-08-2013), ewizabeth (07-08-2013), SallyC (07-08-2013)