View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 09:13 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Grace,

Thanks for posting this xray. It is an excellent shot!
Let me explain about xrays ..... dental xrays are 2 dimensional views and they are meant to be taken straight on as this one is, however, it does limit the viewing field. That's why we sometimes take a different view called a bisecting view. But it is evident that your tooth #14 is directly in line with your sinus. Because the view is 2 dimensional, I cannot be sure if the root is actually into the sinus or directly in front of it. As I said previously, the sinus can become infected even if the root did not perforate the membrane.

If the OS debrided the socket after he removed the tooth he would have been able to tell if this sinus was perforated and/or in communication with this tooth. A new periapical xray like this one may tell the story!

I'm hoping you are feeling better but I get the sense that you're not feeling that well and still having issues with your sinus... yes?

Bryanna

The OS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace123 View Post
Thank you very much Bryanna for your quick reply.
Here is a X-ray taken on June 13, 2013, five days after the root canal treatment was done. The sinus infect was very bad at that time. I don't know whether this X-ray helps or not.

The extraction was on July 2, 2013.

Thank you very much
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote