View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 12:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default surgery scheduled for 22nd ehhhh

Hello all, I just got the call that my surgery is scheduled for the 22nd of this month, Needless to say i am very scared and do not know what to expect from all this, I have some sort of over growing bones in my back I forget what they call it, but they are removing sections of bone in T-2,3 to T-6,7 so my spinal canal will open back up, as of now you cannot see any fluid around it in these sections in the MRI Images. I would like some clarification if i may, My Surgeon seems to be just a Machine and only deals in facts and not feelings, He stated that this surgery would not help my current symptoms but will keep me from becoming paralyzed later. I just cannot stand the pain in my legs and the numbness is a total drag, My thoughts are is once you relieve the compression on the spine things should return???? at least it makes sense in my head. I sure hope so anyway, I went from being a healthy overweight 50 year old woman to now using a chair and sometimes a walker full time, in a matter of 2-3 months. Needless to say, I left the surgeons office feeling hopeless, Has Anyone had this done? will it get better you think? so many questions I know. Thank you so much for listening and for your comments and experience. Shari
litezoner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
wishuloveb (07-09-2013)