View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 03:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

The pyschological effect of these disease can be devastating. I am not stable on my medication. Driving a half day trip to the city put me in the recliner for 21 hours straight. I can not take a day trip, then alone a vacation. Grocery shopping is a major excursion. And I am not coping well. I have lost all confidence in my independence as well and I am a single parent.

I do take Effexor and it does help without any side effects. My only suggestion would be to try on good days to spend more time out of the house. Make sure you have scheduled your mestinon right before your outing. Make sure the day is not too hot and humid and you will not be out in the sun. Take additional medication/snack/water with you in case you are delayed. Make sure you have your cell phone. Try to pair up with another mom with children for additional support. You need to trust your instincts. You have raised children which is the hardest task in the world. You can handle this too.

If need be hire a babysitter or mother helper to come with you to assist until you get your confidence back. This is a process and will take time.

Best of luck
kathie
cait24 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Fortunatos (07-12-2013), pingpongman (07-09-2013)