View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 05:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrae View Post
Angelina, I’m so sorry that this is happening. And yes, CRPS is called the stress disease. Stressors or ANY kind and emotional instability will definitely affect you and your disease in a negative way. Naturally you are protective of your father, but ultimately you are the child in this situation, albeit an adult child, but a child to your father nonetheless, so it may not have occurred to him to check with you on this situation. However, I do believe some common courtesy would have gone a LONG way on both their parts. And yes, having a woman move in after just one date, yikes! Um, yeah I think I too would be protective of my elder parent and have to have a moment with them to voice my concerns. I think the least among those concerns would be redecorating, but moreover what the heck is going on moving a STRANGER into your home? Hopefully your father would be compassionate and defend your feelings in this situation. Again, I am terribly sorry this is happening to you. If you can, do your best to try and keep emotions in check, and perhaps rational thinking will prevail.
His thinking is she is not a complete stranger. She is the mother of my youngest brother's best friend. She just got a divorce and supposedly she wanted to leave her husband for my dad for a long time. Whatever! They never talked or anything! So to me she is a stranger, right?? But no matter what you don't move a girl in after ONE date!!! I don't know what he is thinking. They are acting like stupid teenagers. They say they are in love but really it is just lust. There is a difference. You can see it. I can't believe he is just letting her run and change his life and he gave her his bank card! I am just sooooo worried about him and all this stress is so hard on me. I am trying to stay calm and not let it bother me, but he is my Dad. How do you not care about a parent?
Angelina55 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote