View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 09:37 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Smile Hi William!

Welcome!
I'm so sorry you too are experiencing CRPS. I too had the nasty side effects with those meds.....especially the Lyrica.

You've sure come to the right place for good input on these units. As you read thru other's testimonies, you'll get an honest take on the positive and not-so-positive experiences.

People describe the sensation of the stimulation differently. Pins and needles to one person can be soothing buzzing to another. A lot depends on how the settings are used. There are SO many variations of settings that it's pretty probable that you'll come upon one that suits you well.

The best thing about these units is that you get to do the trial run to see if this is something you'd like to pursue or not.
Don't let ANYbody make you feel rushed into making a decision. SCS is usually used as one of the last modalities if all others fail. So far it sounds as tho they've tried you on a few different medications and that's about it.

There are a lot of good qualities about these units and have given a lot of people back a quality of life. Yet also, as you are aware, there are those who don't fare well with them.
Take plenty of time to research both sides and go with your heart. If anything, at least consider the trial. Ask your Dr about the possibility of CRPS spreading from the procedure though. Some have had this experience and it's something to be aware of.

I personally love the stimulation sensation. It's a soothing feeling that covers over the horrible burning pain that had plagued me for several years. I've had it 3 1/2 yrs now and never have problems with metal detectors.

Good luck with whatever path you decide to take. Stick around, we're a great group of supporters and would love to help with any questions you may have.

It's great to have you!

Caring,
Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AZ-Di (07-12-2013), CoralToe (07-12-2013), eva5667faliure (07-17-2013), Mark56 (07-09-2013), Nanc (07-12-2013)