View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 09:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I have spinal CORD herniation too...advice appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof2grls View Post
Yes this is VERY stressful! I have had numbing and tingling for years i was atleast in my 20's but they could NEVER find anything! i have had so many tests blood work mri ctscans...i have had a heart at attack and a stroke..all before my 30's....i also have degenerative disk diease in my back l4..l5..s1...n1
I really dont think a 2nd opinin will really h elp bc i see the damage and have talked to many of my doctors and if i dont get it done then i will wake up one day and not be able to walk and really dont want to risk that either...honestly all this has opened my eyes! I really havent LIVED i mean really LIVED... i have let stress....work..etc run my life well i am done and READY to LIVE and be HAPPY i mean really HAPPY!!!! I will def keep everyone posted...i now feel like i am NOT ALONE thanks....
First, I hope you have had success if you went through with the surgery.I am interested in talking with someone who has actually had this surgery. Would you recommend, how are you doing now?

I am having trouble getting a doctor to do help me. Have seen 2 neurosurgeons in St. Louis area. One said, good luck I am not the doc for you, you need a REAL SPECIALST, good luck finding someone here in MO that will touch you!! The other said to come back in 6 months to see if my symptoms progress. *** Both are willing to say its spinal cord herniation, but neither will touch me. It shows clearly on MRI and myleogram so why not fix it before it gets worse!!!

Have contacted Mayo clinic today, for a third opinion. Waiting for call back.

I have been battling severe lower back pain for about a year now. I am 38 with 2 kids and was in great shape until this last year. There are some days I can hardly walk the pain is so bad. Been to the ER in tears begging to be admitted and they shoved me out the door with pain meds, they didnt even touch my pain. Did weeks of physical therapy, no help. Did steroid injections, no help. Tons of meds, no help. I just want to be fixed!!!!! I am too young not to be able to walk.

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.
kccb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote