Thread: Calf cramping
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 03:42 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink

Oh, that is great! I am so happy for you.

Magnesium is really a very essential nutrient...and when used orally or eaten in our foods, may still not reach every place it needs to be.
I used to soak in epsom salts years back...that worked for me, to some extent.

But I agree, this topical form (much better than the old CVS one), is miraculous.

Magnesium opens up the small blood vessels so circulation can be normalized. Inflammation or trauma causes inflammatory chemicals called cytokines to clamp down the blood vessels. This had evolutionary advantage to stop bleeding from trauma. But when it over-reacts, then you develop ischemic (poor oxygen delivery) pain. So applied topically bypasses this problem and the mag can open up those smaller blood vessels for you.

A second thing magnesium does is relax cramping from over contracting muscle. And a third thing it does, is antagonize the NMDA pain receptors that may be over firing and giving false signals.

So all in all magnesium which seems simple, is quite complex.
Doctors don't understand this, don't realize how low people are today in this mineral, and how many drugs deplete it, and that diabetes will skew it as well.

So now we have 3 very inexpensive solutions to some PN and other health problems. methylcobalamin B12... as low at 6 cents a day. Vit D3 also pennies a day. Magnesium in Morton's lotion, $5.98 for 8oz. (my bottles last a LONG time(weeks)).

The 3 most common deficiencies in our modern world today, and they cost pennies a day! Can't beat that.

Of course, doctors make MONEY cutting into your body...considerable money, and that is a motivator for them, as opposed to free information that will fix you better. This is a problem with medicine today...it is so expensive!

I hope you continue to use your lotion regularly... and you continue on this wonderful new path of healing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcsmom View Post
Mrs. D,

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I feel like you gave me my life back! I found the Morton's Epsom cream and tried it...it was like a miracle! It stopped the pain immediately and kept the pain away for most of the day. I have had the pain for a year now and it just continually got worse. Doctors had no idea what to do and they actually did surgery on one of my legs to try to fix it. I can't believe that all I needed was this cream. I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow and you can believe I will be bringing this cream with me to show him! Thank you again! So thankful I found this forum!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote