View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 03:48 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I downloaded a program I'd had on the old computer. It's called F.lux. It's a program that adjusts the brightness settings gradually as the day goes on. It's supposed to help people avoid getting insomnia from staring at too bright of a computer screen.

I think it actually works. I'm not feeling like the computer is trying to burn my optic nerves. I started using it the last time I had optic neuritis (early 2012).

It really helped reduce the blue look to the screen yesterday. I didn't have to screw up any of the pre-set settings the computer came with. I can turn F.lux off whenever I want to (usually when watching a movie, so the picture and color looks better)

Before I installed F.lux to the computer, my left eye was really starting to bug me. It was one of the things that was telling me that I'd better get to the eye doctor soon. (see my post on the main page of the forum about that. Not happy about having ON again) Tonight I think it's helping with the eye pain I had earlier today after the eye doctor had to flash bright lights and poke around at me.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Erika (07-10-2013)