View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 04:37 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Cool Still No Answers

Hi all. I've been in the midst of the diagnosis process for a year now and still no where near an answer. I'm confident my problem is rheumatoid arthritis. I have morning stiffness last several hours (5 hours is my high score!) pain in my shoulders hands right wrist right knee both hips and the bottom of my left foot ( the ball). So I've been trying to control it while doctors play the guessing game. I've tried heat and ice therapy, chiropractic adjustments, topical ointments, hanging my diet to gluten free and trying to eat an anti-inflammatory diet and all to no avail. I stopped taking pain killers so that I don't become dependent on them. I take 400 mg Celebrex a day, 200 in the morning and 200 at night. So the point of the log post (other than back story) is to ask if anyone out there in similar situations have any tips for pain control other than NSAIDs steroids and opioids. I'm not against the drugs but I really would like to limit the use if its possible since this is going away. Thanks for listening.

P.S. If anyone has any info on FMLA ID appreciate some info. I know what to do and understand the process but I don't trust my employer to not try to find another way to get rid of me.