View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 05:52 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I had slow focus problems since 4th or 5th grade, but nothing else until a diving accident occurred in 7th...then right foot wanted to turn and drag, neck and shoulder pain / poor posture/ slight stutter at times/ wanted to withdraw from people...and like autism kids..had trouble looking at people when talking to them, very shy....and ,memory problems started at that point. I would sit in school with my legs twisted up like a pretzel!. No further PD symptoms for a couple of years...started drooling at night. In 2002, while taking care of my dying mother...internal tremors began (and freezing in bed happened twice) memory worsened/ writing & spelling became a problem. Arm started to do strange things...comes up in front of me like a puppy. I started eating a ripe papaya every week and many symptoms got better. * started alot of self-help stratagies and kayaking. Driving improved some and my balance. Massage Therapy school /2008 sleep issues/ more tremor / eyes hurt and began to stare and not blink...especially during stress. Oct of 2009..more balance issues / incontinence becoming a problem. Tincture of fava plant was ready to try..... it took away EVERY symptom , Including the slow eye focus that continued from grade school on. So, with the addition of a very small amount of l-dopa, presto...all my life changed. My brother passed away with heart trouble and PD in Dec. Had same symptoms as me, but on all the PD meds available...went downhill very quickly, he was 65 ..I am now 60.
My grandfather and his brother also were on sinemet in their later years.
Definite neck and head injuries several times between..getting into cars mostly and not ducking far enough...poor coordination and focus. NOW I'm better than in 7th grade before accident / stronger , healthier except for CONSTIPATION....even with eating very organic and lots of exercise... that's continually getting worse.
Aunt Bean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote