View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 08:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Healing and Beyond

Things I wish I had known and I now share with everyone who asks:

1. Be present - all of us who have suffered head injuries know that the present moment is incredibly painful. I remember longing for the past when i was in the shape of my life and projecting myself into some greater future. Instead, I learned, in time, to accept where I was right now. Breathing, being. Appreciating the moment as it is.

2. Clean up my diet - I now do not consume sugar (except fruit & raw, organic honey), alcohol, caffeine in any form, pesticides, and gluten.

3. Light exercise can be beneficial - the Buffalo Clinic just came out with a new, conclusive study about the benefits of light exercise after a certain period of time (I believe 30 days) of being Post-Concussive. I look forward to my walks and yoga every day.

4. Change your thoughts, change your world. Where you put your thoughts is incredibly powerful. Choose to put them where you want them to be.

5. Meditate - Once I started to meditate and do visualizations of how I wanted my life to be, I started to heal. I started to read again.

6. Laugh - I went to improv comedy shows to help with the depression. Now I take classes!

7. Know that the body can heal from anything. You are not the exception to the rule. You just first have to believe that you can.

With so many healing wishes,

Amanda
*admin edit*

Last edited by Chemar; 07-10-2013 at 08:41 AM. Reason: No links are allowed for new members
"Thanks for this!" says:
Concussed Scientist (07-12-2013), concussedlawyer (07-25-2013), jweb (08-05-2013), MiaVita2012 (09-02-2013), poetrymom (08-23-2013), Wndswptlady (09-09-2013)