View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 05:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks Bryanna,
I 've scheduled with an ENT doctor. I Hope this time it is a good one.
I called the hostlist doctor's office and he refused to see me because of this issue. He said everything should be taken care by the oral surgeon. I was too straight forward when I was talking to the office :-(

Thanks again for all your help.
All the best to you, and everyone on this board and myself!
Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Grace,

The description of your root canal treatment and the symptoms that you had certainly sounds to me like that dentist may have perforated the apex (root of the tooth) with a file instrument as well as the sinus. That would explain A LOT!!! That occurrence is not uncommon but it sets up house for a nasty long term infection. I'm betting that's what happen!!!

Regarding the note from your holistic dentist...
1) He was verbally trying to reassure you that ALL OS KNOW to remove the periodontal ligament. Unfortunately, he is very aware that not all of them routinely do that. As you have found out :/
2) He agreed to write the note to the OS as a way of "notifying" him to make sure to remove the ligament. This note also made it clear that YOU had been informed of this step. The OS should have performed that step without question.

This holistic dentist needs to be informed of what has happened. I do not see any reason why you should not trust him at this point.

I cannot determine the proper antibiotic for you to take. I can only inform you about the importance of researching the potential harmful affects of Levaquin. I can also inform you about the overuse of antibiotics and that they need to be prescribed carefully and not carelessly to patients. At this point the site may need to be cultured to determine the proper antibiotic. Please think about calling the holistic dentist and tell him what has happened. Let him evaluate it and/or refer you to another oral surgeon.

Bryanna
Grace123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote