View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 08:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Mandi. Sorry your RSD came back and that you haven't been able to walk, but welcome to this board.

I am also relatively new here. I had four lumbar sympathetic blocks earlier this year. They didn't work completely, but I did get some improvement. I have had relatively mild RSD in my left foot since march last year, undiagnosed until feb this year.

The first block I had only gave me total pain relief for the short time that my foot was hot immediately after the block. The pain relief was gone by the time I got home. But I started to have less pain at night during that week. My foot also was a lot less cold and less swollen which I think helped with the pain at night. I had a little improvement with each one, but less and less, so I decided to stop them. My perception of the pain is that it went from averaging about a six to down to 3 or 4. I'm now on neurontin which helps even more. I have almost no swelling (on NSAIDs for that anyway) and very little temp difference, and much less pain when I am resting compared to before the blocks.

Hope this helps.
Ccm47 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AZ-Di (07-12-2013), Wibley (07-15-2013)