View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 10:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thanks...

Thanks for responding...

Glad you are enjoying long term success and hope you never go through the process again. May I ask if you had hydrocephalus? If so, did you have to address that, or simply remove cyst? -I'm new here, so I don't know if such a personal and intimate question is out of bounds...

As it turns out, a follow up MRI w/contrast or whatever showed that original suspicions about cyst on roof of third ventricle is actually a neoplasm of floor of third ventricle w/growth into thalami, brain stem and basal ganglia. Obstructive hydrocephalus/ventriculomegaly in 3 of 4 ventricles are also indicated on second MRI. From all I've learned, what I wouldn't give for diagnosis to go back to colloid cyst. -Please don't be offended. After all you have been through, I hope you can appreciate what I am saying. Scared s-less. Initial consult w/major medical center w/in 48 hrs.

May look into brain talk communities after diagnosis gives us more. I obviously jumped the gun w/colloid cyst...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discododi View Post
Hi,
I had a colloid cyst removed Nov 2000. The size, my Neurosurgeon wouldn't tell me. He just said it was the largest he had ever encountered and that I was lucky to be alive.

This is a very scary diagnosis and surgery. Please refer back thru the posts here and gain as much information as you possibly can. Also I suggest the BrainTalk Communities as this Site is a former Branch of that one.

If you have any questions, fell free to ask. I check in every few days and will respond if you need info.

Take Very good care, and please research the internet for additional information. Dodi

colloid cyst removed Nov 2000
As it
lnw132 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote