View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 11:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Totally know how you feel!!! Been there - still there sometimes... I have questioned myself, ,my body so much due to the dr's "so, tell me about your stress level"... well hello genius, OF COURSE i'm stressed, of course i'm anxious and of course i'm upset/a little sad.. If I wasn't then the dr's should get concerned at that point.. those emotions are TOTALLY normal when your body is failing you, when the life as you know it is getting taken from you, and you have to change every single aspect of your life, and you dont' know your future... for me, not having a firm diagnosis makes my fears/anxiety even worse, for me.... as I question - is this treatable?? Will I win in the end etc?

The thing the dr's need to realize about these emotions is that this is a RESULT of our symptoms, not the cause.. not saying that being anxious can't make them worse - for me any adrenaline surge (happy, mad, or sad) makes my muscles mush... it's completely frustrating they can't see this.. but again, no one truly knows, and I can't expect anyone to understand since they have never walked in our shoes.. but I sure wish they would try a little harder at least!
Oh and I agree - Caffeine always helps my muscles, but not my heart palpitations!

oh, and before IVIG, I couldnt' watch my own kids... I couldn't bathe them, pick them up, do anything... for months and months.. I couldn't even hold a fork.. When My husband left town for business for one night, I had him call me several times just so if there was no answer someone could come over, as I truly felt I was going to kill over at any moment and my kids would be alone and screaming (they were really young).. it's the worst feeling ever! Ill never forget the moment I could pick up my kids, hold a crayon and smile back at them, as I couldn't physically smile much for a while!
bny806 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cait24 (07-10-2013), Fortunatos (07-12-2013), gr8ful (07-12-2013), Unsure81 (07-12-2013)