View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 03:17 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have been going through hell with my journey down this SSDI path. I just don't know what more I can do. I have been battling the process since December 2010. I am currently waiting for an appeal hearing. I have just fired my second attorney and just hired a third.

The first attorney never submitted medical records timely, repeatedly lied to me over and over again. I almost lost out on my appeal for hearing because he told me that he filed for the appeal on Feb 19 and I called social security for another reason and just by luck asked how my appeal process was going and they said I had 10 days to file because it was never done. This was early April. When I called the lawyer he just stuttered his was through so I fired him and hired another. My case sat in her office for 3 months. She did nothing at all to it. Never even opened the box of medical records i left with her.

I called ODAR for an update and they said I was just denied an on the record. I asked them who requested the OTR and they said they just pulled it themselves. I was still confused why I would have been denied the OTR because I had 3 different RFC forms filled out all saying I could not work. One was from an orthopedic that has been treating me for 14 years. I was astonished again as to why I was denied. After talking to the ODAR rep I found out that the new attorney did nothing! never even submitted the 3 RFC forms that I had gotten filled out. Needless to say she was fired immediately the next day. I just signed on with my 3rd attorney. I can't take much more of this.

It is so stressful, I have lost my marriage of 15 years over this whole mess. I am getting very close to going off the deep end. If it weren't for my 2 small children I know for a fact that I would have just given up and ended my life. This is the most embarrassing and demoraling thing any person can ever go through. You are truly disabled and can not function like a normal human being and the system makes you sweat, cry and beg to get what you should be entitled to. But they go ahead and give a junkie benefits on their first try within 4 months.... I just don't understand....
anonymous728 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote