View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 08:37 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I would like to discuss the quality of life part of your post, Jesse. I am a practicing, traditional Catholic, and while I intellectually know that all life is sacred and a gift from God, and that He does not take returns lightly, I have spent most of my life trying to make everyone happy in an effort to justify my existence.

Now, due to progressing hereditary neuropathy I am no longer particularly productive. I can go to physical therapy or food shop, not both, do a few loads of wash but not carry the baskets or reach into the back of the dryer, and cook one meal per day, on a good day. I rarely bake although that was one of my major skills, as was all manner of fine needlework. Driving is limited to 20 minutes or less. That is about it. I was raised to cater to my mother, and I relate to everyone the same way, including my husband and children. I feel worthless. I was an accomplished scholar and can still read and concentrate, but it does not seem like enough justification for living, taking up space and while my medications are relatively cheap I have to see the doctor every month which adds to the cost.

No one makes me feel like this, they, are all reassuring, but I am having trouble thinking about this. How do you define quality of life?