View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 02:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Talking

From the stats I've seen, 50% of the population are lactose intolerant, 33% are fructose malabsorbers and one in 120-130 people are gluten sensitive (one person thinks 1 in 30) could it be that we just need to eat a very simple diet, could it be that because of industrialization we can get pineapples from Hawaii (not native there either) bananas from South America, coffee from SA and Africa , ETC., so we eat them out of habit and because we like them (sugar is so easy to like LOL) and because they're in the Food Pyramid. Could it be that life really is simple but we complicate it? From what I understand the body needs sugar, but how much, if you go to this link you can enter almost any food and find the composition, try it for onion, cauliflower, broccoli etc., compare the amount of sugar to that of fruits.

http://grande.nal.usda.gov/NDL/index.html

Maybe, just maybe, the amount of sugar in veggies is enough, or maybe when regional fruit is in season and then only in moderation.

Could it be that simple ???......... naaaaawwww , surely it must be more complicated than that

There is another area of our lives that the KISS principal "may" apply to but that's a whole new thread.

(Disclaimer, this is just my opinion I could be wrong)
bob26 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote