View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 11:42 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi TK,

For my trial my local pharmacy ordered it after taking measurements for fitment purposes. For the permanent implant one was placed on me before I even woke up from surgery. They are not comfy by any means but, the reasoning behind the placement is to keep swelling down and to sustain placement of the device and components while it heals. I am to wear this at all times except when showering and sleeping for 6 weeks. There is also compression tape that might help with your situation. It is a stretchy tape that you would place over the battery site with tension and underneath the tape (just over the battery) use a tube of gauze to apply gentle pressure. My seroma was aspirated every 48 hours and compression wrapped for just over 2 wks before it finally went away. My doctor explained that it is important to get a handle on it quickly so that it doesn't create it's own envelope much like seran wrap inside the wound which would require another major surgery to remove. That being said I do hope you can get this resolved quickly without additional problems!

God bless,
Tessa
zookester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AZ-Di (07-16-2013), Hannabananna (07-11-2013), Mark56 (07-11-2013), Rrae (07-13-2013), tkayewade (07-11-2013)