View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 12:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quandry View Post
"...I am very happy that there is a doctor who is willing to fight for me..."

"...I refused prednisone because of a bad reaction. I refused Cymbalta because of a bad reaction. I've refused Imuran because of a high cancer risk due to many family members with cancer. I've even been scoffed by this Neurologist for treating my jaw pain with Capsaicin and by chewing on hot peppers to relieve pain along the gum line..."

So, if I know the difference between what works and doesn't work, then how can a doctor be so dismissive and accuse me of imagining that pyridostigmine works?..."
Hello Quandry I'm glad you have such a good relationship with your Rheumatologist. Often, all it takes is one, good doctor to get you through to a diagnosis. It's not uncommon.

I'm going ask you to think about something. Keep in mind that I am just offering you and many others in your situation...food for thought.

Sometimes, not always, but sometimes when we refuse medications that could be of help, we are sending mixed-messages. Here's what a doctor might hear. "Hurry up and fix me, but I'm not taking any meds. I know what's wrong with me so I'm going to tell you what to do. I won't do most of what you ask but help me." And while I believe very much in some of the old remedies, telling your doctor that you are munching on hot peppers isn't helping the situation.

So, give this some thought. Ask yourself again, why you aren't prepared to let him help you...take some time with this. I risk having you mad at me, but that's okay, Quandry. You (and everyone) else are worth it.
Fortunatos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote