View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 12:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Acetyl L Carnitine & Alpha Lipoic Acid reaction???

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::

Monday, I took the first vitamin pill of GNC's Acetyl L-Carnitine 500mg and Alpha Lipoic acid 200mg comboMix. With the intention of taking just one pill a day of that along with my regular 300mg of lone ALA at night. The first day I felt fine.

But I noticed a very frightening thing happening to me. The "prickling or needle-stings pains as I call them, have increased in frequency since then, clearly spreading to my scalp, arms, face, legs and back.

Prior to taking this, I did notice an increase on my back and a bit on my scalp, but now it has increased in pain and frequency.

I don't know if this is a side effect of taking the ALA/ALC combo pill, as I have taken both separately before with no problems.

And there was also record breaking levels of high humidity and rain over these very same days.

Today, I feel quite a bit better, noting that some of the prickling has reduced in pain and frequency some (as the weather has gotten much better as well).

But I'm wondering if anyone else here has had the same problem with this mix?

"I'd like to keep taking this ALC/ALA combo, but I'm scared that it might be causing this serious spreading of Neuropathy as some type of side effect -though oddly - it should be doing quite the opposite.

So, I stopped taking the AL Carnitine, specifically the combo pill (ALA/ALC mix) to see how I feel in a day or so. I am still taking 1 300mg of ALA though. Do you think this is a wise thing to do?

Is there any known side effect from ALC/ALA that produces this type of thing???

Please help!!!

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Jesse M is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote