View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 03:21 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi socasuie,

I would expect you to still be pretty sore. You had a lot of dental surgery in that area and you are asking your immune system to deal with a lot at one time.... especially since you have lupus. Honestly, I am a little surprised that your dentist did all of that dentistry at one time... but I guess he felt it was best. I really don't know.

The white spot... I cannot even speculate on what that is without a picture. It could be a canker sore starting, a piece of bone or a fistula forming. If it gets any worse or you notice more inflammation, you should see your dentist.

I also read your other post about your "chewing" side being painful. This is most likely due to over using it to chew your food. You ideally should not be eating anything that requires much chewing. So it is best to now back off of chewing as much as possible and stick to soft foods and liquid foods to give the jaw muscles a rest It is actually healthy to "drink" the majority of your meals. SO LONG as they are healthy drinks that include various green and colored veggies, fruits and NO sugar.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by socasusie View Post
Hi!

It's been almost 3 weeks since I had the extraction, bone graft, and 2 implants placed. I'm still sore-both the bone, and the tissue. The tissue still seems sore, and perhaps a little inflamed-but it's not red or inflamed inflamed, just been through a lot inflamed. There is a white spot slightly to the side of the surgical site-I can't decide if it's a sore, or a piece of the bone graft working through. I don't think it's an abscess-I've had those before.

I've been sticking with soft food, but had Korean bbq (read, lots of meat) so I gave my jaw more of a workout than normal and could have irritated without realizing it.

Is this ok? I have lupus so I heal slower. I haven't called the dentist to ask because he'll want to see me and I just started a new job, so I need to keep my out of office time to a minimum-but don't want to neglect my health if I really need to go in. I tried to take a pic, bit it's too far back.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote