View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 11:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoa14 View Post
I had the same surgery with the same device, ROI-C on nov 15, 2012, so I am 14 weeks post op. my recovery has been horrible! Please update on how you are now.........
Sorry for not replying, but I haven't been on this site in a long time. I'm sorry that you are having problems. Unfortunately, every case is different.

It's been a year since surgery. My surgery was totally successful. It was well over 6 months before the residual discomfort went away, usually caused by poor posture in front of a computer terminal most of the day or driving long distances with my head in a single position. Most of my pain was in my upper back or headaches but none in the neck. PT was a big help. I don't have any arm or neck pain any more, can do anything that I want but I do have somewhat limited vertical neck range since the C5 & C6 are fused. For example, it's difficult to get the very last swallow out of a cola can. My doctor told me before surgery to expect this so it's no surprise. The incision healed nicely and you can't even see the scar.

I sincerely hope you get better soon.
tdj2591 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote