View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 11:39 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default CRPS 1 but with NO pain?

Hi,

Am new to this forum. I had a fall in February that resulted in a broken hand, sprained leg & (eventually) a frozen shoulder. I was told in May that I had CRPS 1 on my forearm / hand.

I've been put on pills (gabapentin, methylprednisolone) & have had two Stellate Ganglion blocks (SGBs) done.

However, I have NEVER had any CRPS - related pain whatsoever. I have had joint stiffness but that is naturally due to being in a long cast & splints for a total of 8 weeks. Physical therapy has resulted in great progress here. At no point, have I been prevented from doing aggressive PT due to any CRPS-related discomfort (as there is none).

CRPS also does not stop me from using my hand in day to day life. Gradual healing of fracture meant that I started (and increased) weight bearing activity.

Is this normal? I've been told to get more SGBs and to increase gabapentin dosage. The only factors leading to CRPS 1 diagnosis (from what I know) have been the skin color, oily appearance and the fact that I had trauma there in February.

I fear that I'm taking so many steps to control an ailment I may not have.

I'm looking for advice on the next steps. I've tried 3 Pain Management docs, each with very similar diagnosis & prescriptions.
CRPSed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote