View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 05:15 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi ginnie,

Yes, Levaquin is a powerful antibiotic but it is also in a class of drugs that have a bad track record for neurological problems. There are actually several groups of people who have formed all over the country (possibly beyond) whose goal is to get this class of antibiotics off of the market completely.

Of course not everyone will have a bad reaction to every drug. But there are drugs that should be avoided if at all possible due to the long term if not permanent side effects and these drugs are in that category.

Unfortunately and I say this with a sigh....... some (+) dentists are clueless about drug reactions. Often when a patient reports they had or have a reaction, the dentist refers them to their physician. Dentists rarely delve into the literature on drugs or go to seminars on them and they tend to give out antibiotics and pain meds like they were candy.

If you think back on many of the posts here... people repetitively complain about their dentist putting them on one antibiotic after another sometimes for several weeks or so! Yet they have no idea why or if their dental problem is even responding to the medication. This has been a problem in the dental profession for as long as I can remember and it's not getting any better ... unfortunately :/

But I agree with you that Grace needs to follow up on whether she needs to be on an antibiotic or not.

Thanks for caring so much ginnie.... your concern comes through loud and clear
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnie View Post
Levaquin is a very powerful antibiotic, in fact on top of the chart. If he gave this medication to you, there is some worry on his part about the site. Bryanna will be here. I am just an observant person who went through some issues that Bryanna helped me with. ginnie
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (07-12-2013)