View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 08:17 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Jay,

I have seen many patients with varying degrees of Osteomyelitis of their jaw bone. Some had oral medication, some had IV.... some had the combination of both at different times. I also have had patients who were diagnosed with Osteomyelitis by their orthopedic surgeon after having surgery on their spine, their knee, etc. I've had patients who had artificial joints fail due to Osteomyelitis. The commonality of "these" people were root canaled teeth, or long standing infected teeth and/or uncontrolled periodontal disease. So the theory was that the infection originated from their jaw bone and spread through the blood stream to a weak or compromised area. Some had compromised health prior to the orthopedic diagnosis ..... others did not.

There is no way to gauge if oral antibiotics will cure Osteomyelitis. I have known patients to become well after being treated. However, I also know patients who have had long term health problems associated with the infection. Lingering sinus problems are the most commonly seen with the upper teeth. Of course, if we lost touch with the patient or if they died, we never knew if their infection had been eradicated or if their infection was a contributing factor to their demise.

Osteomyelitis is a serious infection and needs to be taken seriously. Hopefully you don't have it!

The probiotic..... this is a nutritional supplement that helps to replace the healthy bacteria that are destroyed by the antibiotic. Once the intestinal flora becomes abundant with bad bacteria, physical illness will occur. Common ailments that are often the result of this are .... all chronic digestive disorders any place in the intestinal tract from the mouth to the ****, skin disorders, inflammation, fatigue, etc.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngatart View Post
hi Bryanna,

Thank you for your comments greatly appreciated.
Glad the comments I interjected helped clarify.
Yes, thanks I read a previous post in which you mention antibiotics. In your experience is the success rate pretty high with just oral antibiotics? I'll update on Monday after the oral surgeon.

Kind regards

Jay
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (08-18-2013)