View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 08:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8ful View Post
@Strizzlow20, The psychosomatic comment from your doc seems a little lazy to me. The way your eye muscles point is going to affect how you perceive things. I have double vision on a bad day and I've also had the shapes of things look wrong. Double vision happens when the muscles can't steer both eyes to look in the same exact direction. If your left and right eye are consistently steered in the same different way, you will have double vision (and that's why prisms can help).

When your body tries to control your eyes and can't, the muscle movements can become jerky rather than smooth movements. When the right and left don't move in the same way consistently, I think it can cause things to look distorted in shape or wavy.

I don't know what your symptoms are exactly but it doesn't seem hard to imagine that poor muscle control could change what we see in many different aspects. If not, we must both be psychosomatic.
Spoke to the neuro today. He is sending to the Mayo Clinic. I will be making arrangements to see them see after I fork out 500 for a past bill that I owe. I am also going to Shands Medical Center at the University of Florida next Friday for them to look into balance and vision issues. These are my last steps. 2nd sets of MRI came back fine with no lesions or tumors. Doctor still thinks the eye issues are from MG but some of the sensory issues such as tingling aren't consistent with MG. I have no idea of what kinds of test I will go through, I just hope they're thorough. He is also going to have them look into LYME since my other eye issues started when I was 17 in New England. I have floaters, palinopsia, and some phenomenon where you see bright sparks darting in your vision when you look at something like the sky. There's a name for it I just can't remember. Anyways, I don't know. I think after this there's not much to do but to try to plug away. Doctor was ok with me with tapering off of Prednisone since it may skew some of the tests they will do. It's really hard and depressing sometimes.
strizzlow20 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cait24 (07-12-2013)