View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 11:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I see things move like your photo when my eyes are 'tired'. Sometimes it's worse than the example you show above. I looked around the web to see what causes this effect and read the following:

"There's no solid explanation for illusory motion. Some visual scientists think it has to do with fixation jitter: involuntary eye movements that give the illusion that objects near what you're fixated on are moving. Others think that when you glance around the image, motion detectors in your visual cortex get "confused" by dynamical changes in neurons, and think you're seeing movements."

If the motion is caused by jitter (which I always thought it was), symptoms that affect eye motion would cause things to move around like your picture above. I especially think this could be true if your two eyes moved differently from one another.

Here's another picture with a different motion pattern:

I don't know why this motion happens, but I get it also. Rest and mestinon help me see best and I guess I'm lucky for that.

I hope you feel better. It's good you got some (hopefully) good referrals.

Last edited by gr8ful; 07-13-2013 at 08:10 PM. Reason: can't get it right the 1st time
gr8ful is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cait24 (07-12-2013), southblues (07-13-2013)