View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 06:35 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Bryanna,

thanks for the thorough, albeit scary explanation. It certainly might explain "full nose" issues I've been having for the last year (I was given a corticosteroid spray for suspected allergic rhinitis but didn't help much). I'm aware you're very much against the use of root canal therapy and I'm following your answers here with great interest, as my number of root canals increased from 2 to 6 in past year and in that time I got all sorts of yet unexplained problems.

Also the cavities you mention on #15 - one dentist alterted my of the one between 14 and 15, while my personal dentist saw no cavity there (ok at least on the panoramic x-ray a week ago, hasn't seen this one yet). No-one mentioned the one on the other side of 15, but I did mention I've been feeling discomfort there when touching the area with my tongue.

I am feeling a better today (gland not tender anymore and a bit less pain) and will try to wait till Monday. Will certainly report how it plays out (I assume they will want to try apico first as the doctrine round here is to try to "save the tooth" if possible - the healthcare insurance pays for that while I don't think it pays for the implants)...

Regarding the teeth numbering - looks like you're using the "Universal numbering system" that is used in the USA, while I'm using the "FDI World Dental Federation notation" used in Europe (as I'm from Europe) Interesting to know, wasn't aware there were multiple nomenclature systems.

Thanks
Peter