View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 08:13 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default neurogenic bladder

lined_in_silver
Hi I have the exact same problem. I have now been diagnosed with polyneuropathy involving both long and small fiber and autonomic neuropathy.
When I saw your post , I was interested. This is the first time I have seen any one describing the same symptoms Ihad. With me too, the first symptoms of the neuropathy was in the urethra opening. onstant burning, urgency and hesitance and unable to empty. Urologist did cystoscopy. Normal. Had no infection.
Then in a couple of months, the burning starte to go down inside of my legs. I saw MS neurologist, no MS. I gave up . For many months I was having burning, then numbness in legs. I thought for sure I had MS.

Regarding autonomic neuropathy, there is a test called Autonomic Reflex Study. It measures orthostatic BP, pulse and breathing, and measures the sweating. This is how they can diagnose

Do you have constipation, acid reflux or gastric full ness? Ther is another gastric test calle gastric emptying study. If you have aotonomic neuropathy, you may have gastrofhoresis too, meaning slow emptying af stomach contents.

For the neurogenic bladder, there are some good medications that helps with this. Ask a urologist, Trying to think of the names,--- Oxybutuinin,

Hope you feel bette soon
Symnove
Synnove is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote