View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 04:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Yes, all is true, but it does not answer the question -- What causes our bodies to react to violently to wheat and oats? The core issue is not solely that we are not meant to eat soooo much grains or process foods, the answer is found in that explaination alone. To me, something is wrong at the cellular level, the Zonulin studies are about the cellular level but countering a reaction, not the cause (b/c science does not know the cause).
I say this b/c my ds2 never ate anything but breastmilk and yet was Celiac at birth. My ds3 is apparently the same way. My grain intake is seriously lower than most given that prior to ds2's dx I was on a whole foods & lower carb diet which was very low in processed foods (not much at all in the way of breads, crackers and processed foods) and since ds2's dx, the household is 98% Gluten Free will all dinners being GF.

Seeing Celiac Disease manifest in infants being breastfed is striking and just screams at me that there is more going on. I'll find it, eventually, it might be 10 years from now or more.

I, personally, am not meant to be Dairy Free and Gluten Free. My body is breaking down. My nails are falling apart and there is a ridge line inbetween healthy and brittle, it is from the time I went GF. My hair is falling out. I can't pinpoint 1 food item I gave up when I went GF that would cause all this to happen. The two items I know I gave up are granola and yogurt. My supplements are the same. I'm falling apart and my little guy is thriving (ironic to say the least). I want to nurse my little guy, but right now I'm holding out till we see Dr. Fasano.

But that is all separate to the reading I did this morning which may or may not lead somewhere great.
Electra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote