[QUOTE=I_Got_it_2;997864

I have now completed 40 days with no Sinemet or Carb-Lev. My meds are:

1) Motrin 800mg 2 times daily
2) Flexeril 10mg 1 in am, ½ at night
3) Prozac 1 time daily
4) Cogentin 1mg 2 times daily
5) Steroids (Methylpreonisolone) 5 days only
6) Vicadin (never used this)

I did read one response which suggested that maybe I was misdiagnosed, that maybe I never had PK. I would be interested in exploring this possibility.
I find it hard to explain my current situation. I simply have a much easier life.

There used to be a disparity between my left and right sides. To help the right I needed Sinemet. But that screwed up the left . But it is an all or nothing situation where you must take the Sinemet or suffer. But now I have experienced a perceived/actual regression of my symptoms for the last 40 days.

Let me explain it like this. The body is an 8 cylinder engine. 6 cylinders are working fine and two are not functioning. The car is driven like this anyway. Over time the two nonfunctioning cylinders build up a lot of crud as they are not working right. But they go where the car goes with the other six functioning cylinders. Soon another cylinder stops working. Now the three malfunctioning cylinders are really under a strain to lug the car around. You get the idea.
That’s me and PK has wrecked three of my cylinders. I stumble upon an additive that brings back a portion of power in each of the three bad cylinders. Not full power but partial. Now the good cylinders need to do less and the bad cylinders are contributing once again.

That is how I feel. Whatever the additive was, it has made a real improvement in my daily activities. But I am not anywhere near full power and I don’t know if it will get better or worse and for how long it will last.

Here are the positives:

Absolutely no tight muscles
No problem driving
Meds taken at 8 am and 8 pm
No ON/OFF time
No problem eating
No problem sleeping
95% of the time I walk normal and type normal
90% of the time no shaking of the hand/foot

Here are the negatives:

Drowsiness
Slight memory loss (getting a little more pronounced)
Possibly minor vision issues
Some slowing down of movements
Still have difficulty accomplishing minor tasks-Apathy.
Dry mouth

Hope this helps someone…
I_Got_it_2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aunt Bean (07-29-2013)