View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 10:08 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Heart One step at a time Markneill.....

I was so very on top of the brink of my planned event after having suffered a catastrophic traffic wreck which robbed me of career, means to support my family, ability to enjoy life beyond pain.....and then, when I did finally see what I perceived as "light at the end of the tunnel" for a possible re-entry to the market of those who CAN help support the family, I was "pushed down, cast off, and shown the door" by a party I had formerly felt could be helpful as I had helped their company thrive.....

In a word, hopelessness took such a grand hold of my mind, I entered the eddy of downward spiral, a leaf adrift in a vortex which came within minutes of realization of my plan.... I had made it to my place of seclusion... had the instrument of my "transition" to the other side.... and felt there was no other way. Then. Something blinked in me. I ascribe it to faith. Others might differ- even so, I backed from that moment slowly, not punishing myself for "What HAVE I Nearly Done???" Instead, I just sat there in my jeep on a lonely mountain road. Darkness arrived. I laid the instrument of "end all for me" aside. Started the car. Put it in gear. Sat there a LONG while. Then turned about and headed down the mountain. Home was a warm place that night.

The crisis was far from over, and loving people saw to it I received much needed help. That temporary/permanent solution to My individual pain was placed into perspective and put away where it belongs unused by me.

A few years have now passed. Career definitely reestablished, bolstered A LOT by the outreach I immediately began to do helping others network to find work. They all graduated and I still help those who need someone to come alongside.....then, I was blessed with my opportunity to work anew. I help in a big way to provide for my family again. We are no where near as financially wealthy as we were at one point before my car wreck induced bodily injuries.....although, we are FAR WEALTHIER in the spirit with one another, recognizing the blessings we have and hold in one another. Ahhhhhh, that is the ticket.

I feel blessed.

I hope and pray you may feel thus TOO.

Tiny steps....one at a time, carefully placed, and with the help of those who treat the issues I suffered bring people like us back from the brink. Then families such as we have and such as Alffe so selflessly shares may thrive ablaze in the blessings of togetherness.

Color me Blessed

Last edited by Mark56; 07-13-2013 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Oh, I misspelled Markneil in the caption and cannot fix it.
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (07-14-2013), barbo (07-14-2013), DejaVu (09-05-2015), DMACK (07-29-2013), Koala77 (07-20-2013)