Thread: Letter from SSI
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 08:18 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittypaw View Post
So I could still have a claim? Their letter made it sound like I was completely out of options.

I feel I'm on the verge of doing something crazy because I can't stand things anymore. I talked to four friends today and there's nothing they can do. I truly don't think they realize how bad I am feeling....they say stuff like go for a walk or something....they don't realize how ridiculous that sounds *admin edit* It just makes me feel worse. I feel I can't get anyone to take me seriously except here.
The SSDI notice would only refer to Social Security benefits (Title 2) based on earnings records. There is always a separate notice for SSI Supplemental Security Income Title 16. The SSDI notice will also always include the paragraph about other benefits as well which would include retirement, spouse or survivor benefits. I am sure some lawyers decided that paragraph was necessary because of the scope of the application.

If it is not too hot where you live, going for a walk or a run may give you a temporary lift in mood.

Tomorrow you can call SSA and ask if you still have an SSI claim pending. And if not, you can file one since it doesn't require any Social Security credits to qualify.
Janke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote