View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 12:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default update

well i was discharged on july 2. i went straight to my neuro for follow up. he said my ms seemed to be "progressive" at this point and wanted me to go to henry ford hospital's ms clinic and start back on tysabri. he said he had a patient progressing like me and he sent her to henry ford and did not hear from her again, he seemed to think that was good lol. he also showed me the mri image that sent me there in the first place where it was clear the disc was into the spinal cord, so i'm confused about that part... anyway i did not want to go into the hospital immediately so his office got me an appt on the 16th- he had suggested i go there to the er...

well when i got to my sisters house they were not ready for me, didnt even have a bed in my bedroom. i had to sleep on the couch. that night i got stuck on the toilet, peed myself trying to get to the toilet in the middle of the night- same thing happened the next night too. just too far to walk when walking so slow...

im settled in pretty nice now, and ordered a strap to help lift my legs into bed, dont need it too often now, which is nice.

i have 2 home health care companies fighting over me lol and ill be trying to get help to get a scooter to get around. i was at my pcp last tuesday for one week follow up and he asked if i wanted to go on suboxone, i misunderstood and thought he thought i was having withdrawals but i want to try it now, as i have fairly bad pain in my legs and feet.

i had a potty chair put in my room so no more accidents, and am avoiding overeating because i hate the cleanup etc of that thing. also keeping my blood sugar in line. i am getting stronger, not every day, but every couple days, as long as i dont overdo the pt. after mondays pt i was beat the rest of the day and tuesday was rough too from that. on wednesday i explained to the pt guy that we have to go lighter as the pt girl from the home advised me. she said it took her some time to realize it but i had to be really careful to not overdo it and cause a setback...also im hoping to get 3 days of pt instead of the 2 days/week theyt scheduled me for.

overall im feeling better and hope to be walking a bit more soon, quality fishing weather is slipping away
ANNagain (07-14-2013), Kitty (07-14-2013), SallyC (07-14-2013)