Thread: my son
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 12:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaVita2012 View Post
Hi!I just read this thread and you are a wonderful mother and support for your son's best interest to get him on a regimen that will give him some of his life back.I can relate as well with the doctor/healthcare problems.It is a severe struggle.I cannot comment to much on the issue because I suffered more from waiting a year and half to finally find a few M.D.s that diagnosed me with a concussion.

I can only put my input on the subject of why your son's head looks swollen, with his head, and eyes hurting.I had a closed head concussion and I had soooo much swelling in my head that now after the swelling went down my eye's and head started feeling better.

The swelling and inflammation in the brain has a hard time to release because it has nowhere to release out except the vestibular system.With that being said I found that it takes longer for the inflammation to go down. Sometimes I think of it like a balloon, if we could poke a hole in it then the inflammation would go out faster. But we cannot, so we have to do anything for inflammation ice & heat compressions, 20min showers daily few times a day etc.I am left with wrinkles now in my face.

I might also suggest getting myofascial massages, infrared to the head that puts oxygen in brain, and I would gently massage my own head all the time.I feel this is another way to help the inflammation get out. You can most likely get these services from a physical therapist. These are just my suggestions that I had to use while being in the "unknown" diagnosis.

I as well have mental/emotional problems from this concussion.Not the same as your son.These changes happen with a concussion sometimes from the central nervous system being moved around and disoriented.

These are just my findings in my journey threw concussion/PCS. Your son is very blessed to have you for moral support. I hope you guy's get a regimen that works for him soon. Take care Mia
Thanks Mia for your suggestions! I know it's not fun having PCS and the other side affects that come with it. But you seem to be finding your way around it pretty good! We'll try the myofascial massage and infrared, the physical therapist has it?? Who knew! Take Care! Mom
momwhocares1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MiaVita2012 (07-14-2013)