View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 03:24 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Pdne,

<<<1) Based on my research so far, it looks like a dental implant is the best way to go? (vs. dental bridge etc..) It looks like in a dental bridge, you have to shave down the two adjacent teeth, putting them at risk long-term as well.

A DENTAL IMPLANT MAY BE RISKY SINCE THE INFECTION YOU HAVE HAS BEEN LONG STANDING... SINCE 2005..?? THE BONE MAY BE TOO COMPROMISED TO HANDLE AN IMPLANT. THE SINUS WOULD HAVE TO BE THOROUGHLY CHECKED ALSO BECAUSE IF THERE IS A PROBLEM THERE THAT WOULD HAVE TO BE REMEDIED PRIOR TO THE PLACEMENT OF THE IMPLANT OR YOU COULD END UP WITH THE SAME PAIN THAT YOU HAVE NOW.
TO DO A BRIDGE, YES YOU HAVE TO CUT DOWN AT LEAST TWO OF THE ADJACENT TEETH.... DEPENDS ON THE HEALTH OF THOSE TEETH AS WELL.

<<<2) Would tooth #14 be a candidate for a dental implant?>>>

IT WOULD BE AN AWESOME SPOT FOR A DENTAL IMPLANT PROVIDING THE BONE AND SINUS WERE HEALTHY.

<<<3) I'm going over some of your old posts and I see you mention the possibility of infection in the bone and such. If I extract the tooth, which let's say is the source that's incubating the bacteria, then will the remaining infection be fought out by the body and I can be pain-free after nearly 8 years?>>>

GREAT QUESTION? NO ONE HAS THAT ANSWER :/
IF YOU REMOVE THE TOOTH, YOU REMOVE THE SOURCE OF THE INFECTION.
THE AREAS WHERE THE INFECTION HAS SPREAD TO NOW BECOME A SEPARATE ENTITY FROM THE TOOTH AND THEY NEED TO BE DEALT WITH. NOT ALL INFECTIONS CAN BE ERADICATED COMPLETELY. SOME LINGER AND BECOME A CHRONIC PROBLEM. THAT IS WHY IT IS RISKY TO PLACE A DENTAL IMPLANT IN AN AREA THAT HAD A LONG TERM INFECTION. OTHER TIMES THE INFECTION WILL SHOW UP IN A DIFFERENT SPOT FROM THE ORIGINAL AREA BECAUSE THAT IS HOW BACTERIA TRAVELS IN THE BLOOD STREAM.

Bryanna
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote