View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 04:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Kathie it's good to hear that your symptoms and bloodwork are stable, but I can understand your feelings of wanting your life back. MG can and does take from us and its hard to accept that. I missed both my sons and daughters graduation from college due to MG. I am determined to be able to travel to Virginia to attend my daughters wedding in October.

Before I developed MG I have been diagnosed all in the last 3 years with Crohn's disease, Microscopic Colitis and Anklyosing Spondylitis, all autoimmune diseases. I have had 2 bowel resection surgeries to help with the Crohns. Unfortunately it's common that once we get one autoimmune condition many of us will develope another.

The IVIG should be wearing off soon and your bloodwork will return to normal in time, it's been bout 6 weeks for me and the blood tests are slowly returns to normal. Given the hemoglobin and spherocytes the Dx would be hemolytic anemia and it sounds like you are recovering from that.

The IVIG did a great job in allowing me to breathe better and swallow as well and im still enjoying the benefits. I have been able to cut my Mestonin usage about in half. But like you with the Hemolysis requiring blood transfusions I do wonder about the practicality of IVIG in the long run. Right now my Hematologist and neurologist are taking about ways to try IVIG again safely.

Thanks for the update

Take care

Joe

PS a great website regarding digestive issues, Colits or Chrons and most importantly finding ways to eat gluten free for Celiac disease can be found at:

http://www.perskyfarms.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=2

It's a great group there, very helpful and compassionate.
joefnh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote