View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 05:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedahlia View Post
I was having severe back spasms as a result of my DBS programming and was prescribed Flexeril and Ibuprofin and I feel much better. My gait is getting better too. I'm still taking levo/carb, but only 200 mg a day.
Hi Bluedahlia,

Thank you for this response. I just wanted to add that I too had a severe, almost intolerable back pain some time back just before I stopped the Sinemet. It was weird because, while I have had occasional back pain from past injuries, the Flex and Ibu did the trick. And the pain was at the base of my spine. It almost killed me to sit down from a standing position or stand up from a sitting position.

I went to the Chyropractor but didn't help. I had taken Flexerill and Ibuprofen for three days roughly before I gave in and went to my family dr., who did an x-ray and prescribed a steroid, Methylpreonisolone. I only took it for 5 days, starting at 3 pills twice daily then less each dose until I was on my last day with the final pill. But it sure worked! By day 4 it was totally gone.

Jim
I_Got_it_2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote