View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 05:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cait24 View Post
Our situations are vary similar. I work in IT at Princeton University. Right now, I am technically fulltime, but I am using my accrued sick and vacation to take Wednesday off to rest. They have been very accommodating to my needs and schedule as well as the several episodes of disability this year.

Stats on the thymectomy look very good - 30% chance of remission lasting 5 years, 85% showing improvement and really no downside, no one gets worse.

Let me know if you decide on a thymectomy and which surgical approach they take.
kathie

Thank you Kathie my next appt with my Neurologist is August 13 and I plan on discussing the thymectomy issue. So far MIT has been great to work for, I have not had to use any vacation time and I have been able to work from home a lot, as a physicist I usually have lots of data to sort through which I can do from home . I just got FLMA approved for the IVIG and to use this year and they pay me fully for all of the time off.

Thanks so much for sharing your experiences Kathie it has meant a lot to know others are dealing with the same issues. This is not easy that's for sure!

Take care :-). ...and thanks...

Joe

Last edited by joefnh; 07-14-2013 at 05:58 PM.
joefnh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote