Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 09-13-2009, 06:17 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Clinton Parkinson's Disease???

Someone i know was telling me that they heard former President Bill Clinton has PD. Has anyone heard anything about this?

GregD

Last edited by GregD; 09-13-2009 at 06:33 PM.
GregD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 09-13-2009, 06:28 PM #2
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Arrow

This has appeared in the last week's Globe tabloid.

I think it was based on an interview that occurred previously with Dr. Gupta, on CNN where Clinton's tremors were noticed and commented upon.

But I don't think at this time, it is confirmed.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:31 PM #3
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default uh oh

""...claiming that he had been tested for Parkinson's disease and did not have the disease"

Gotta work harder on that background info.
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:47 AM #4
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Thumbs up BTW - fyi - *

here is the link to the NY TIMES article about President Clinton
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/31/ma...clinton-t.html
quote from Bill Clinton
"He seemed a little tired, having flown overnight to Peru from New York before plunging into a full day of activities. More than eight years after leaving office and nearly five years after an open-heart operation, Clinton at 62 looks older than the boy president who dominated American politics in the 1990s, but he remains more robust than most men his age and full of intellectual energy. His left hand trembled a little bit during dinner, as it tends to do late in the day. It worried him enough at one point that he had himself tested for Parkinson’s disease, but the results came back negative; his doctor says he has just signed too many autographs over the years. When I mentioned that he had to get hearing aids during his White House tenure because of the effects of too many campaign rallies, he cheerfully pulled out the latest equipment from his ear and showed off how sleek and virtually invisible it was."

When I met President Clinton at the Whitehouse with Congressman Evans,
and Dr.Greg Gerhardt August the 4th of 2000,
he did not have any signs of PD at all, perhaps his heart attack,
took a toll on his central nervous system...

~~~~~~~~~
However,
I have some cool news from the University of Colorado,
from a clinical study for oxydative stress!

I will post it here:
you may like this because one watch it online!

ABC PRIME TIME -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54pMd9r89sg

PBS Healing Quest -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtWtXuiFPcw

online info
http://www.protandim.com/clinical-proof/

by
, on Flickr
pd documentary - part 2 and 3

Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and the wrong. Sometime in your life you will have been all of these.

Last edited by lou_lou; 09-14-2009 at 07:22 AM.
lou_lou is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:50 AM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for the information everyone. It will be interesting to watch and see if his tremor is in fact PD. He was here in my hometown to campaign for Hillary just before the elections last fall. I was about six feet from him and even got to shake his hand. At that time there was no sign of anything being wrong with him. Actually, i was surprised how healthy see seemed to be.

GregD
Old 09-14-2009, 08:25 AM #6

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Kennedy funeral

It's interesting this should come up. I was watching the funeral mass for Ted Kennedy and one of the shots of the congregation was focused on the Clintons and the former President's hand holding the funeral card was visabily trembling. It was so obvious I called my husband in to see. Could be ET but too many autographs (?).

By the way, how does one go about getting tested for PD?
pkell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:46 AM #7
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

He is most likely using a statin drug, with his cardiac history, a statin is given after bypasses.

http://www.spacedoc.net/neurodegener...es_statins.htm

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:18 AM #8
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Lightbulb There are no lab tests that can definitively diagnose Parkinson's disease...

Diagnosing Parkinson's disease

There are no lab tests that can definitively diagnose Parkinson's disease. A systematic neurological exam will include testing your reflexes and observing things like muscle strength throughout your body, coordination, balance, and other details of movement. These tests are also necessary to rule out other conditions, such as nerve dysfunction, narrowing of the spinal canal, or other types of tremor, for which other treatments would be needed. Your doctor may be order tests, such as blood or urine tests or CT or MRI scans, to exclude the possibility of these other disorders.

http://www.helpguide.org/elder/parkinsons_disease.htm

by
, on Flickr
pd documentary - part 2 and 3

Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and the wrong. Sometime in your life you will have been all of these.
lou_lou is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:56 PM #9
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default he has a tremor at least

I meant to post and ask if anyone else saw this but at Sen. Kennedy's funeral, they showed a view from the side where all the presidents were sitting and Clinton's program in his left hand (I believe but not positive) was shaking very noticeably, I wouldn't say violently, but very noticeably. I saw it myself and said to my husband, he either has essential tremor or could have PD.

paula

just wanted to add that i had not heard the rumors till this thread was posted and knew nothing of the interview.

editing again to laugh at pkell's identical post. i must have skimmed past it --anxious to add what i saw and remembering that i had meant to post it. great minds pam.....lol

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:43 PM #10
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default You Tube - Looks like it to me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poeHGlpPMdY
Start at 06:00
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote