Spinal Disorders & Back Pain For discussion of all spinal cord injuries, spinal issues, back-related pain or problems.

advertisement

Old 12-26-2009, 04:02 AM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Book scared and full of pain..everywhere

I had an ACD & F spinal diskectomy '06 and ever since I have been in pain. I don't know what to do. I had 3 ESI's and the third one like to have made me jump clean off the table. The doc hit something and it made my hands and feet numb and they have been ever since Dec.'06. I just want to know what is going on. My legs hurt so badly..they are sore where they have hurt. I know I have Fibro,but this is something else. I also have CM, in which the docs(NS) didn't even tell me @. WHat is up w/that? I also had a T3-T4 compressed fracture that they failed to tell me @. I found out that I had both of these on my records that I requested so after almost 4 yrs. of not being able to work file for disability. Well, I filed in '06 and the hearing I just had, but for them not even to tell me of this is perposterous...if that's how u spell it. I just want relief. I feel for Loyld. I just read his post and it tore my heart out. I am in pain, but I said a prayer for him. I am supposed to go see this great doc...hope so, and maybe he will tell me what is causing me to have all of these cramps...charlie horses as they call it all over my body. It can hit me anywhere. I was changing the channel on the TV yesterday and it ran from my thumb all the way up to my elbow. OUCH!! WHat the hey...I have never experienced them anywhere but in my calves. What causes u to have these things in all parts of ur body and my back is so sore and it hurts all the time. It will burn if I stand too long...maybe 10 min. or so. I wish someone woud know. I am looking into ALS..hope not. It is fatal it says. I am worried that when I was hit by the nerve block. The doc hit my spinal cord and has caused some kind of infection. I mean guys this is making me feel suicidal and that is one thing I am not. I am a Christian and don't believe in it and have two boys that need their mom. I just want help w/this pain. IT is so severe at times that it takes my breath away. I used to weigh 124...now I am 192...big difference. I am taking Lyrica and am thinking of Neurontin or Topamax..Really want to take just the Topamax...maybe I'd lose a pound or two.
If anyone has a clue to what is causing all of this..I hurt so bad underneath my knees..cramps are even in my feet and hands..
I love it if someone would just lead me in the right direction.
Thank you so much and I will say a prayer for all those in pain...so many in the world
Just take care and always GOD BLESS...
skeetelmore65 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (12-26-2009)

advertisement
Old 12-26-2009, 01:06 PM #2

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Wow--sounds like you're been through the ringer! I don't have any magic answers, but I just want to encourage you to hang in there and make sure you talk to someone if the suicidal thoughts get worse. I've been to the edge of that abyss, and I'm very glad I didn't jump! God will help you through this, though I know that's no help with the horrible pain. You're in my prayers.**
RichDixon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 06:48 PM #3

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Dear Skeetelmore 65;
I truly understand just how you are feeling! I am both a CP-er myself AND work as a "Pain Clinician/Mental Health Counselor" in my state! From MY personal experience, struggling with weight-gain, Neurontin was NOT good. Both Topomax and Zonisomide work great with the weight issue. FOR ME, ZONISOMIDE is MUCH more helpful with the actual NERVE PAIN!!!

I surely wish you the very best of luck!
MiaVt

No soul is desolate as long as there is a human being for whom it can feel trust and reverence.
~T.S. Eliot
MiaVT is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 08:50 AM #4

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi I have been suffering with alot of back pain for along time.I have tried EVERY pain med under the sun-From Vicodine,Norco,Percocet,oxycodone,Hydromorphone,Fe ntanytl patches,Gabapentin,Lyrica,Amnitryptilin,diazpem(Va lium),Hometense unit,Therapy,Massages,accupuncture,Eastern Medicine.So then I told my Pain Mgmnt Consultant,I am sick and tired of takking ALL this stuff into my body is there anyhting else I cold do.So he suggested an epidural.So I went in and did the epidural with pinch nerve in my my shoulders( I couldnt even lift my hands over or higher then my waist at this time).When they put me on the gurney facedown to do procedure and the robotic arm came out to give me shot,I felt a HIGH VOLT OF ELECTRICITY thru my whole body.I swear I must have jumped 6 inches off the table.After that ,I was left with a parlyzed left arm,ALOT of pain ,ALOT of sleeplessnghts-EVERYNIGHT,AND IT IS TAKING A TOLL ON MY BODY, VERY BAD AND RELATIONSHIP(Thank GOD for a very supportive wife).Now they want to do surgery,Man I am o scared after all this....has ANYONE BEEN THRU ALL THIS?

Signed,
Young Guy In ALOT Of Pain
ag1967 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:20 AM #5

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi ~ Have you asked your doc if you might be a candidate for a Morphiine Pump? Since you seem to be in intractable pain, you might just be a candidate. I had the trial for the pump, and I had NO PAIN at ALL!! Unfortunately, I couldn't have it implanted because I'm too small. I don't have enough "fatty" tissue to implant it.

If I were you, I think I'd ask my doc about it. All he can say is no, right? It's worth asking about. I pray you can have it cause it's saved many people from agony. Best of luck and God bless. Peace, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote