Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 01-19-2007, 07:54 AM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Magnetic Energy

I have been approached by a person who would like me to experiment with Magnetic Energy for the improvement of health. It involves using a controlled energy device made up of 16 laminated magnets. Using the negative magnetic energy the blood becomes acid free and delivers it to the liver . Then the positive energy is applied to the liver area where the situation is corrected. He claims that the negative magnetic energy will reduce acid and promote sound restful sleep, increase tissue oxygenation, calm the nervous system and assist in relief of addictive tendencies. The positive magentic energy increases cellular cleansing and stimulates body cells to give off natural acidic waste. Does anyone have any personal experience with this theory? I'm on the fence. Thanks
Evon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 01-19-2007, 08:56 AM #2
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default first...

...is he wanting money? If so, run like a bunny.

Second, I woulbn't dismiss electromagnetic energy as there is some intriguing stuff out there, but this guy's info is both too detailed and too simplistic. IMHO
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 10:36 AM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

He doesn't want money, he knows that I am on the executive of the Parkinson's Chapter in this city and he is hoping that I will promote this if it works for me. I did try it last night, the magnet goes under the bed with the negative side up. I did notice that my lower back was not as stiff as usual. It may be the power of the mind and not the magnet. I am skeptical but I thought I'd give it a try.
Evon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 12:38 PM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default magnetic energy...

Like everything else that has been tried, it may or may not help you, and even if it does, who knows what it will do for the next guy. I have a magnetic mattress cover which is suppose to help. The real reason I like it is because its very solid and I can move myself around on it nicely. I don't think the magnets do much for me. I lent it to a friend for awhile (who had PD) and he had such terrible dreams that he returned it to me after about two weeks. He thought it caused his nightmares.

One of the real problems we face with PD is the bottom line... nobody really knows what the root cause of it is, and why does it operate differently in different people. How can you fix something when you don't know what it is about it thats causing the problem in the fist place. I'd say it's another shot in the dark. Unless you get the kind of results that something like GDNF produced (and they were advanced stage PD types) you can't really promote it. Nobody has the secret key to fixing us...secrets like that are hard to suppress. Just look at the GDNF issue. Ask Amgen about keeping a lid on a "secret". If he just wants you to try it, and is looking for honest evaluation, you could certainly do that for him. It's not a consumable so thats why he can offer it to you for free. Be suspicious if you notice a lot of dead insects, small animals, or other forms of life under your bed though
rosebud is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 09:07 PM #5
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default Show me.....

Here is a suggestion I have made before (and will continue to make )-

See how long you can balance on each foot. Go for your maximum time and don't worry about the two second ones. And throw out any obvious flukes on the high end too. Write down the two values (right and left) on your calender.

Now try out the magnets for awhile. Don't add anything else new during the period. Then repeat the two balance measurements. If there is a noticeable jump in the nmbers, let me know.

This is a great test for Parkies to quickly determine if something is worth further experimentation. It simultaneously tests strength, balance, sensory function, and who knows what else.
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote